Wednesday, February 24, 2016

National Tortilla Chip Day


Eat 'em while they're hot, 'cause today is ... National Tortilla Chip Day!



You can eat them with salsa, munch on them with corn relish, dip 'em in various sour cream mixes, or enjoy them with tacos.  Here's an simple recipe for tortilla soup if you follow this link:  Easy Tortilla Soup Recipe .

Where did this national day begin?  In the 1950s, Rebecca Webb Carranza invented the tortilla chip.  She and her husband owned the El Zarape Tortilla Factory in Los Angeles, and they were the first to mass produce the product when Rebecca refused to discard the "rejects" but instead called them "chips."  The rest is history, especially since 2003 when Texas proclaimed the tortilla chip the state snack.  You can include this wholesome food in your diet plan today.

And God has a plan.  He is love, and He works in great ways for you and me.

"I know what plans I have in mind for you, plans for well-being, not for bad things so that you can have hope and a future. When you call to me and pray to me, I will listen to you. When you seek me, you will find me, provided you seek for me wholeheartedly" (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

This is great news, wouldn't you say?  Bye for now and have a God-inspired day!

J.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment