Saturday, February 20, 2016

High Tea

Delicate finger foods, exquisite little sandwiches, flavorful teas, and great company with friends all make for a wonderful afternoon high tea.  I attended a high tea this afternoon for the first time in my life, and my friends and I had a fantastic time.

Photo courtesy of: www.lastminute.com

What is High Tea, or Afternoon Tea?  As a bridge between lunch and dinner, tea time is a mid-afternoon break.  Having tea used to involve eating veggies, bread, cheese, and meat.  The British upper classes indulged in High Tea and delighted in this extensive snack time while socializing at a formal table.  The lower classes ate in comfortable and at informal settings.  Now, everyone just partakes in afternoon tea.  But if you prefer to feel pampered, you can say, "I'm going to a High Tea this afternoon."  It just sounds really special that way, right?  Rather than just having "afternoon tea."  I'll tell ya, I sure enjoyed having tea this afternoon with my friends.  You can click here to find out more about High Tea and maybe find a restaurant in your area that puts on "teas" now and then.  They're fun!  Afternoon Tea



"For the sake of my family and friends, I say, “Shalom be within you!" 
(Psalm 122:8)

Bye for now, and have a God-inspired day.

J.P. Osterman


No comments:

Post a Comment