Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Inspiration in the Form of Hope

Today I received a little dose of hope.  My son actually woke up for school, fixed his own breakfast and got dressed without my having to prod, coerce, and bribe him.  Usually, his dad and I have to peel him outta bed.  No fun.  However, today, I'm able to breathe and thank God for today because my son might not do as well tomorrow.  He has Asperger syndrome and ADHD.  He's a challenge.  Every day, I ask God to help us ... and help him.  Sometimes, the future appears not just uncertain, but bleak.

What do we do to cope, find encouragement, and glean hope in hard times?

"Your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit who lives inside you, whom you received from God" (1 Corinthians 6:19).
We pray ... and we can know God has control over the future.  He handles our concerns so we can move forward with our day.

He is our inspiration.

Bye for today, and blessings from our Lord.

J.P.

You can find more in-depth daily devotionals in my book:

God Designed: 366 Days of Inspiration


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Osterman,

    How are you? Hope all is well. This is Chontelle Wong your former student. I'm so happy for you. I know you've always wanted to publish books. I see all your books and its incredibly amazing. Please e-mail me at chontelle.wong@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care.

    Best Regards,
    Chontelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chontelle! So Nice to hear from you. Thanks for checking out my books. I hope everything is going well for you, too. J.P.

    ReplyDelete