Saturday, October 10, 2015

Inspiration from Nature

The past week looked bleak for one of my ginger plants.  It had yellowed and was wilting fast ... dying by the day just a little more.  Have you ever noticed, when something you've been trying to save doesn't appear to want to be saved?  Be it a relationship, plant, or idea, when something wants to end--or is heading in a dead end direction--nothing we do appears to save it.  Well, yesterday, I just wasn't ready to give up on my ginger plant.  I did, however, need a bit of inspiration to keep trying.  

"I will restore their ruins" (Isaiah 44:26)

God restores.  No matter what I do or how hard I try to manage people, places, and things for which I have no control, I can't.  Yet, He--God--can.  He is always working in our lives to restore us, in spite of the people, places, and things we cannot change and restore.

Last night, I didn't water the ginger plant.  When I walked outside to get the newspaper, I saw the ginger had perked up.  Thanks, God!



Bye for today, and be blessed with inspiration for your day.

J.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment