Saturday, January 30, 2016

1 Cup, 2 Cups, 3 Cups, Oh My!

This morning, I noticed how I always pick up the same cup in spite of the fact that I have seven more cups hanging on a coffee cup tree.  What's our tendency to collect so many things that we really don't need?

Photo courtesy of:  www.creditscore.net

When we look to "things" as distractions, we tend to get carried away with them, wouldn't you say?

"My soul, wait in silence for God alone, because my hope comes from him" (Psalm 62:6).

God can handle every care, trouble, worry, and situation.  "Wait in silence for God alone," David tells us through the ripples of time.  Remember David?  He was King of Israel, yet he also dove into some ugly waters for committing adultery and then killing one of his generals.  Now, I don't think today that you're lumbering through type of muddy waters, but I'm sure, like me, you've got a few heavy things going on in your life.  The answer?

"I pray from my soul, God, for you to guide me with your answers.  Amen."

I like taking a little Bible verse, rewording it, and then saying it into the air so I can hear the prayer.  Then, I wait ... and God and time have a wonderful way of fixing off-kilter things in my life.

Be God-inspired today, and I'll post another day.  Meanwhile, submit your email address on this blog and get an inspirational, encouraging post from me a couple times a week.

Bye for today,

J.P. Osterman

If you'd like more inspirationals and encouragement, you find my book, God Designed: 366 Days of Inspiration at www.CreateSpace.com/5787841 .

No comments:

Post a Comment